I have enjoyed talking outdoors and beer here. I would be remiss not to mention the cathedral of awesomeness that is the BWCA. I will not advise on a best place to put in, which is a whole different article. That being said, go each year if possible. I will close with the twelve beers I would bring to the BWCA. Suspend disbelief and pretend these are not in glass or maybe all are in kegs and are legal.
• Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, Chico, CA
• Trumer Pils, Berkeley, CA
• Keesman Herren Pils, Bamberg, Germany
• Firestone Walker Pale 31, San Luis Obispo, CA
• Rodenbach Alexander, Roeselare, Belgium
• New Glarus Belgian Red, New Glarus, WI
• Schneider Weisse, Kelheim, Germany
• Spezial Ungespundet, Bamberg, Germany
• Allagash White, Portland, ME
• Anchor Steam, San Francisco, CA
• Summit Pilsener, St Paul, MN
• Virtue Cider, Fennville, MI
I know number 12 is a cider, but my ole buddy Greg Hall left the brewing industry to make cider, and I love cider, so I’m including it.
Now get outside and enjoy the wonderful area we live in.