Lagunitas is CouchTrippin’ to Austin, Texas! The Petaluma, California brewery known for their creativity and originality is at it again, this time embarking on a cross-country adventure with a team of musicians and specially crafted barrel aged beers. Lagunitas teamed up with a mix of bands, musicheads, and beer geeks to create a five-show tour ending at SxSW in Austin, Texas to showcase different barreled variations of their CouchTrippin’ Fusion 19 Ale.
Lagunitas Fusion Series is an experimental draft series that has grown into a national collaboration. Homebrewers, homebrew clubs, retailers, and distributors from across the country have come together over the years to create 19 different Fusion ales. Last year, two Minnesotan homebrewers and restaurant owners from Pizza Luce and The Bulldog NE were flown out to California to create “Fusion 15.”
Related Post: Lagunitas Releasing “Fusion 15″ at Grumpy’s NE
Fusion 19, A.K.A the “mother beer” for CouchTrippin’, is a biscuity brown ale, dry hopped with Mosaic and Nelson Sauvin hops. Four special barreled variations were created in partnership with bands Allen Stone, The Mowgli’s and Tumbleweed Wanderers; beer minds from DC Beer, Beer Street Journal, Kim’s Bay Brews and Good Beer Hunting; and music-centric folks from FILTER Magazine, Brightest Young Things, and Consequence of Sound.
Each of the four Fusion 19 variations will be tapped during the tour parties in Nashville (2/27), Washington DC (3/4), San Francisco (3/5), Denver (3/7), and ultimately ending in Austin (3/12). Fans will be able to taste the beers side-by-side and take in a mix of both the Austin and Lagunitas experience.
There will be live music at each stop, some “freaks” from the Lagunitas Beer Circus, and it wouldn’t be CouchTrippin’ without some well-loved couches from the Lagunitas Loft. Prepare to dance your socks off by downloading Side A of their CouchTrippin’ Mixtape here. For free!
This event will be packed at each venue, so make sure to RSVP. For more information on the Fusion beers or the CouchTrippin’ events, visit the Lagunitas CouchTrippin’ website.
CouchTrippin’ Fusion Ale and variations:
- CouchTrippin’ Fusion Ale – Dry hopped with Nelson Sauvin and Mosaic
- San Fransisco CouchTrippin’ Fusion – Oaked with High West Whiskey (Created by: The Mowgli’s, Tumbleweed Wanderers, and Kim’s Bay Brews)
- D.C CouchTrippin’ Fusion – Oaked with High West Manhattan (Created by: DC Beer and Brightest Young Things)
- Nashville CouchTrippin’ Fusion – Brett Pinot Oaked (Created by: Beer Street Journal and Consequence of Sound)
- Denver CouchTrippin’ Fusion – Oaked with High West Boulevardier (Created by: Allen Stone, Filter Magazine, and Good Beer Hunting)